1. Open source development
Look for engineers that give back to the DevOps community .
2. Certificate collector
Do they like learning? What certs. have they completed? This is our list of the most important certifications to look for.
- CKA: Certified Kubernetes Administrator
- CKAD: Certified Kubernetes Application Developer
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
- AWS Certified Solutions Developer Associate
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional
3. Soft Skills
“Great DevOps engineers start by understanding the people, the culture, and how the organization runs,” – Alan Zucker
4. True DevOps
Someone that knows Linux/Windows like the back of their hands and can navigate all the clouds. They should also be able to cut code by themselves, and have a basic appreciation of security.
5. Unicorns & Ninjas
A great DevOps Engineer should have an understanding of the following areas:
- Source Control – Git, Bitbucket, Scripting – Bash scripting
- Continuous Integration (CI) – Jenkins, Bamboo, VSTS, CircleCI
- Continuous Testing
- Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Deployment Automation & Orchestration (like Jenkins, VSTS, Octopus Deploy)
Download the image here: (right click > save image as)
Accelera’s CTO, Matt Flannery shares some quick tips to finding the best DevOps talent in our whiteboarding #brainbytes series.
Are you interested in a career at Accelera?
Please check out our Careers Page